Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,835 pages of information and 210,602 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
as De La Rue Insulation of Imperial House, Regent Street, London, W1. Works at Avenue Works, Walthamstow Avenue, London, E4 (1947)
Factory at Tynemouth
Subsidiary of Thomas De La Rue and Co
1930s established to commercialise the laminated decorative board developed by De La Rue's research department
Post WWII: De La Rue negotiated licence with Formica Corporation of the USA for British Empire licence for Formica and acquired the business in the equivalent Traffolyte board from Metropolitan-Vickers.
1945 Licenced process and products from Extruded Plastics Inc of USA, forming De La Rue Extrusions Ltd, of which De La Rue Insulation held 80% of the shares. Also acquired Reinforced Plastics Ltd
1947 De La Rue Insulation - British Industries Fair Advert for 'The Good Name in Plastics': Formica Decorative Laminated Plastic, Delaron Laminated Plastic Board, Traffolyte Engraving and Printing Plastic, Delaflex cotton insulating sleeves, Hamofil connecting wires, Hamolac plastic insulated cable, Extruded Plastics, Profiles, Beading, Tubes. (Plastics Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 829)