Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,386 pages of information and 233,851 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Davies Brothers and Co Ltd. of Crown Ironworks, Wolverhampton.
1838 Business founded by Edward Davies on Snow Hill. The firm was one of the first hot dip galvanising companies in the world.
1869 Moved to larger site, between Cross Street North and the canal, where they built a new factory called Crown Works.
1870s Edward Davies retired and his two sons, Edward Albert Davies and James Davies, took over the business, which became known as Davies Brothers & Company.
1884 James left to start his own business.
1885 Private company incorporated as conversion of the business of Messrs. Davies Bros. and Co., of the Crown Works, Wolverhampton, galvanised iron manufacturers
1946 Peter Davies, great grandson of the founder, joined the management team.
1961 Manufacturers of galvanized cisterns, cylinders, agricultural goods; steel plate work including oil storage tanks; structural steelwork, agricultural and industrial buildings. 
1963 Acquired Gittins and Mellor Limited to replace the Constructional Department which closed. Gittins and Mellor shared the factory and the offices with the parent company, and manufactured "Liteway" steel flooring, tubular steel handrailing, and constructional steelwork.
1964 Peter Davies left the company.
1981 The company closed