Dalton and Wade
Dalton and Wade of Coventry
Daw was a motorcycle produced in 1902 by Dalton and Wade of Coventry. Sometimes referred to as DAW but not to be confused with DAW of Germany.
Produced motorcycles fitted with their own 1.75, 2.25 and 2.75 hp engines. The 3 hp engines were made under licence from Minerva in a range of sizes. They also offered their own motorcycle for a short period.
1903 Partnership dissolved. '...the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us the undersigned, Frederick William Dalton and Francis Richard Wade, carrying on the business as Engineers and Founders, at Spon-street, in the city of Coventry, under the style or firm of Dalton and Wade, has been dissolved by mutual consent...'
Sources of Information
-  Gazette Issue 27602 published on the 2 October 1903. Page 24 of 60
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9
- Coventry’s Motorcycle Heritage by Damien Kimberley. Published 2009. ISBN 978 0 7509 5125 9