Dalesman were motorcycles produced from 1968 to 1974 by Peter Edmondson at Otley, Yorkshire.
- 1968 The company was formed to build off-road competition machines fitted with the Austrian made 125cc Puch engine. Using many common parts, machines were made for enduros, scrambles and trials. The engine had a four-speed gearbox in-unit in a duplex frame. REH forks soon replaced the Puch ones. The make was successful for the next few years.
- 1971 Their US importer invested in the company, which resulted in a virtual takeover and Bill Brooker from Greeves joined the firm.
- 1974 Was the last year for the Dalesman marque.
Sources of Information
The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X