of Standard Works, Vittoria Street, Birmingham (1922)
Ditto Address. Telephone Central: 6117-18. Cables: "Spiro." (1929)
The firm existed in 1900.
- Standard Works was designed by Thomas F. Williams and built in 1879-80, it was built for multiple occupancy and is thus an important early example of a flatted factory.
- Built to let as 15 separate units, it is unlikely that the building was ever occupied by more then seven firms, some of which took more than one unit.
- By 1900 the whole building was occupied by just one firm, D. and L. Spiers Ltd, silversmiths.
- 1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Silver Goods, Gold Jewellery, and Electro Plate, all exclusive designs, to suit any market; special display of Enamel Goods. (Stand Nos. D.22 and D.44) 
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Silver and Tortoiseshell Goods, Enamel on Silver, Gold and Electro-Plate. Specialities - Brush and Toilet Sets, Tea-sets, Cigarette and Cigar Cases and Boxes, Tableware, Cups, Frames, Vases, Dishes, Manicures, etc. Birmingham Jewellers' and Silversmiths' Association Member. (Stand Nos. J.43 and J.54) 
Sources of Information
-   Birmingham Jewellery Quarter