Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,714 pages of information and 232,164 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Cwmfelin Steel and Tinplate Works was located in the Lower Swansea Valley
The company operated from 1885.
From 1905 until 1917 the Cwmfelin Steel and Tin Plate Co Limited operated the works.
In 1917 Richard Thomas and Co took over the works
1927 'Bursting of a Flywheel. THREE MEN INJURED AND PLANT DAMAGED. Swansea, Saturday. Through the sudden bursting a fly wheel at Cwmfelin Tinplate Works, Swansea, this morning, three men received injuries, though only one — Robert Edwards — was seriously hurt. Much damage was done to the running plant. Edwards was conveyed to hospital and detained, and there were many narrow escapes by others of the workmen.' 
1945 The parent company merged to become Richard Thomas and Baldwins.
In 1951 the works came under the control of the Iron and Steel Corporation of Great Britain
In 1967 the British Steel Corporation became responsible for operations.