Crypto Works Co
From Graces Guide
of Clerkenwell Road, London.
1872 Company established by William Gilbert James
1888 February. Stanley Exhibition of Cycles in Westminster. Tricycle with two front wheels and one rear. 
1890 Jan/Feb. The Stanley Exhibition of Cycles at the Crystal Palace. Tricycle. 
1892 Announced the Crypto Geared Ordinary Bicycle
1900-1 Lawson 1900-1901 motorcycles were built by the Crypto Works.
1902 The company started to build motorcycles and forecars fitted with Peugeot and MMC engines of various powers. Some of their models had two-speed gearing. Crypto produced motorcycles from 1902 to 1909. 
1904 They produced a light model that was well braced, and fitted it with a modified frame and a 2.5hp Peugeot engine. They also had a heavier model with a 3.5hp MMC engine and flat-belt drive. Also on offer was a range of electrical equipment, suitable for the home and garage.
1905 During that year they took over the agency for the Belgian Kelecom range.
1906-1908 They offered singles and twins, plus a 5hp four.
1909 The company went out of production.
1917 The Crypto Car and Cycle Co of Mortimer St, Regent St, London, was advertising special engine valves; proprietor W. G. James