Croydon Gas Co
By 1906 the works occupied about 31 acres. The offices and the main showroom were in Katherine Street, about one and a half miles from the works.
1929 the company acquired further premises in Purley Way which were converted into stove repair shops, meter stores, a testing station and a garage (the William Cash Workshops).
1935 A further gasholder station at Whyteleafe was added.
1931 The company took over the Oxted and Limpsfield Gas Co.
By 1936 the company supplied an area of 73 square miles.
1949 On nationalisation the undertaking became part of the East Surrey Division of South Eastern Gas Board.
Sources of Information
-  National Archives