Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,065 pages of information and 227,378 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Minerva Works, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs. Telephone: Hanley 4251. Cables: "Crown, Stoke-on-Trent". (1929)
Ditto Address. (1947)
Established 1801 by Thomas Green.
1859 the business became M. Green & Co.
1892 The business became T. A. and S. Green
1897 The name Crown Staffordshire first appeared in the title of the firmm which became Crown Staffs. Porcelain Co.
1903 It became a limited company under the name Crown Staffordshire Porcelain Co.
By the turn of the century, the company were producing a wide range of bone china products including dinner ware, tea and coffee ware, miniatures, vases, cutlery handles, door furniture and floral china baskets.
In the late 1920s Crown Staffordshire pioneered the large scale production of china floral ornaments and china costume jewellery for which they became famous.
1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Fine English Bone China, Table Services of all kinds, China Flowers, Wicker Baskets, Novelties in great variety. A wide range of decorations to suit all Markets. (Stand No. G.2) 
Both before and during World War II the company produced badged-ware for the fighting services, including the British and Canadian navies. During the war they were designated as a nucleus firm (1941) which meant that they were allowed to continue trading in their own premises.
1946 A factory in Heron Cross was purchased to allow increased post-war production of decorated wares, primarily for export. The bottle ovens there were replaced by tunnel ovens.
1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1237) 
1948 The name of the company was changed to Crown Staffordshire China Co.
1960s Incorporated in the Wedgwood Group