Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,345 pages of information and 230,027 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Crow, Harvey and Co of Park Grove Ironworks, Kinning Park, Glasgow
1894 'POWERFUL MACHINE Tool.— Messrs Crow, Harvey & Co., of Parkgrove Iron Works, Kinning Park, have just completed what is probably the most powerful tool ever constructed in Scotland. It is a machine for cutting boiler and ship deck plates, and is capable of shearing cold steel up to 2 inches in thickness and 6 feet 6 inches in width. The steelings are 11 feet 8 inches in length, and the total weight of the whole machine is 113 tons. It is driven by two 20-inch cylinder engines with a stroke of 24 inches, and is geared up by steel gearing. The tool is for the new works of the Glasgow Iron & Steel Company (Limited) at Wishaw, for which Messrs Crow, Harvey & Co. are also constructing a set of heavy rolling-mill engines.'
1906 Dissolution of the Copartnership of CROW, HARVEY, & COMPANY, Engineers, Sussex Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow, of which the Subscribers, John Crow, William M. Harvey and A. Paton Costigane were the sole Partners. The Subscribers William Murray Harvey and Alfred Paton Costigane continued the Business under the said firm name of CROW, HARVEY, & COMPANY
1911 The company was put into liquidation
1927 Described by Aberconway as "makers of engineering and shipbuilding machine tools."
1937 Company removed from the register of companies