Crosskill and Co
From Graces Guide
of Beverley, Yorkshire
During the Crimean War the firm produced over 3,000 army carts and wagons and some ordnance: yet in 1855, when trade in Hull was depressed as a result of the war, the bank foreclosed.
From 1857 the business is referred to as Crosskill and Co
By 1861 the works were being run by the trustees for William Crosskill
1863 The Iron works were put up for sale
1864 The firm was sold to a company led by Sir Henry Edwards, the Conservative M.P. for the town.
After 1864 the firm was continued under the name of the Beverley Iron and Wagon Co