Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,942 pages of information and 210,197 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Coventry Motor Company was a firm of motorised tricycle makers based in Coventry.
1897 The Coventry Motor Company was started by Harry Lawson from addresses at Parkside, and Conduit Yard (off Spon Street). He purchased the UK rights to build the Leon Bollee design and called this new three-wheeled vehicle the 3.5 h.p. Coventry Motette and appointed Charles McRobie Turrell to manage affairs.
1898 April. An experimental automobile, the 'Spider' tested.
1903 The Coventry Motor Co ceased to trade around 1903.