Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,775 pages of information and 210,006 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Don Plate Works, Arundel Street, Sheffield. Telephone: Sheffield 20128. Cables: "Don, Sheffield". London Showroom: Cecil House, 57a Holborn Viaduct, EC1.
1866 The firm was founded as Cooper Bros. Wages Book - main series of entries begins in May, and show weekly payments, at first to only two men, but later to ten or twelve 
1871 In a directory of 1871, their address is given as 14½ High Street and they are described as manufacturers of electro-plated and nickel silver spoons and forks.
By 1876, the firm was in Bridge Street.
1885 They purchased the Arundel Street works where they remained until 1983.
1893 See a description of their works at Cooper Brothers and Sons: 1893
In 1895 the business became a limited liability company under the name of Cooper Brothers and Sons Ltd. Ledger, showing the financial position when the limited liability company was formed in November 1895, and continuing in the usual form.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Silver, Electro-Plate, Spoons, Forks and Cutlery. Cased Goods, Cutlery Canteens, and Hotel Ware a Speciality. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. D.1601) 
In 1983, the business was acquired by Frank Cobb and Co