Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,823 pages of information and 199,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
A Class 'A' viaduct two miles east of Grampound Road.
70 feet (21 m) high, 738 feet (225 m) long on 11 piers.
Replaced by a new stone viaduct on 11 July 1886.
The original structure was built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and had stone pillars with a wooden fan structure holding the rail in place. Some of 'Brunels stumps' are still standing today. They can also be seen alongside the St. Austell Viaduct.