1790s Iron making activities initiated by Zachariah Parkes
1871 Situated on the opposite side of Tipton from the Bloomfield Works. At the time of a visit by the Iron and Steel Institute, the Earl of Dudley's Coneygre Furnaces consisted of three blast furnaces built of red brick, bound round at intervals with wrought iron hoops, arguably one of the best blast furnace plants in the Black Country.
1896 Iron making ended but the foundry continued as part of The Earl of Dudleys Round Oak Works Ltd.
The Coneygre Foundry was incorporated as a separate company, Coneygre Foundry Tipton Ltd
c.1916 Started making aircraft engines. Successors to The Earl of Dudleys Coneygre Foundry. (see advert)
Sources of Information
- Dudley Archives
- The Engineer 1871/09/22
- The Engineer 1982/03/04
- Tipton Through Time, By Keith Hodgkins