Colgate, an oral hygiene product line and one of the namesake brands of the Colgate-Palmolive Company, is a manufacturer of a wide range of toothpastes and toothbrushes.
- 1873 Colgate was first sold in glass jars.
- 1896 Colgate Ribbon Dental Cream was the first toothpaste in a collapsible tube.
- 1940s An advertising campaign for Colgate toothpaste used the slogan "It cleans your breath while it cleans your teeth".
- From the 1960s onwards, the slogan was "The Colgate ring of confidence". Also, they have a toothpaste and toothbrush mascot for children's entertainment, "Dr. Rabbit".
- Colgate products include:
- Duraphat - a professional strength paste intended for the treatment and prevention of dental caries.
- Colgate Total - a general-use toothpaste containing triclosan, sodium saccharin, low concentrations of sodium hydroxide, hydrated silica, and other polymers.
- Colgate Cavity Protection - although most Colgate toothpaste brands use sodium fluoride, the Colgate Cavity Protection variety instead contains Sodium monofluorophosphate as the active ingredient.
- Colgate Simply White - a whitening toothpaste that is "Clinically-proven to whiten in 14 days". Its whitening ingredient is hydrogen peroxide, which gradually bleaches the teeth. It utilizes two separate chambers that contain a whitening agent and a cleaning gel.
Sources of Information
-  Colgate-Palmolive website
-  Wikipedia