Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,608 pages of information and 213,708 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
part of the University of Oxford
The Clarendon is named after Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon, whose trustees paid £10,000 for the building of the original laboratory, completed in 1872, making it the oldest purpose-built physics laboratory in England. The building was designed by Robert Bellamy Clifton.
The brothers Fritz and Heinz London developed the London equations when working there in 1935.
In 2007, the laboratory was granted chemical landmark status. The award was bestowed due to the work carried out by Henry Gwyn Jeffreys Moseley in 1914.