Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,981 pages of information and 229,093 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Charles Stroud Williams (1849-1901)
1870-3 Assistant to Mr T H Head
1875 Member of Inst Civil Engineers
1891 Civil engineer
1901 Living on own means
1901 Obituary 
CHARLES STROUD WILLIAMS, born on the 8th August, 1849, was the son of the late Mr. James Williams, Architect and Surveyor, of 12 Montague Street, Russell Square, London.
After being educated at Merchant Taylors' School and at King's College, London, he became an articled pupil to the firm of Messrs. Easton and Amos, of Southwark and Erith.
Subsequently he joined the firm of Messrs. Shaw, Head and Company, of Cannon Street, constructive engineers, and on the dissolution of that firm, entered into partnership with Mr. Thomas Howard Head, and eventually succeeded to the business, carrying it on under the style of Charles Williams and Company, of Millwall and Westminster, in partnership with Mr. Hugh Stanton.
This firm was dissolved in 1889, since which date Mr. Williams ceased to have any connection with the engineering profession.
He died at Ingoldsby Mansions, Avonmore Road, Kensington, on the 11th April, 1901.
Mr. Williams was elected an Associate of the Institution on the 4th May, 1875.