Charles Carkeet-James (1863- )
Order of Mejidieh, M.Inst.C.E. Consulting Engineer, 22 Buckingham Gate, Westminster, S.W,1.
- Training, S. W. Jenkins, M.Inst.C.E., Liskeard.
- 1882 Telford Premium; Res. Engineer, Teign Valley Railway and Helston Railway.
- 1884-86 construction of North Cornwall Railway.
- 1887 Private practice with H. Michell Whitley, M.Inst.C.E., laying out projected railways for Parl Bills; * 1888 Contractor's Agent, Indian Midland Railway.
- 1889 Assistant Engineer, Tansa Dam Works, for Bombay Water Supply.
- 1891-1906 Special Drainage and Water Engineer, City of Bombay; advised provincial Governments on Sewerage Schemes;
- 1897 Member of Government Committee to deal with outbreak of Bubonic plague.
- Examiner, Sanitary Engineering Bombay University
- 1902 reported on Sewerage of Alexandria for Egyptian Government.
- 1906 transferred to Cairo, for design and supervision, Drainage Scheme; Rank Controller General Ministry of P.W.; later designed and supervised schemes, Port Said, Tantah, Alexandria Docks, etc.
- 1918-21, Chief Engineer, Thames Deep Water Wharf and Railway Scheme, and to sundry projected schemes, including N. & W. Motorway, Coventry to Manchester Ship Canal, London to Brighton Motorway, London Goods Rlys. and Midland Motor Way.
- Now in private practice.
- "Oriental Drainage", "Drainage Problems of the East" (1st and 2nd Eds.).
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1939 Who's Who In Engineering: Name C