Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,419 pages of information and 211,648 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Charles Albert Blascheck (1874-1929)
1930 Obituary 
CHARLES ALBERT BLASCHECK was born in London on the 19th April, 1874, and died at Canterbury on the 26th November, 1929.
In 1892, after two years as a pupil in the mechanical workshops of Messrs. Klein, Nuremberg, he entered the Frankfort works of Messrs. Schuckert and Co., leaving the following year to take up a course of training in electrical engineering at the Royal Technical College of Hanover.
He left the College in 1895, and returned to England as an assistant with Messrs. Nicholson and Tyler.
In 1896 he was engaged as an improver by the St. James and Pall Mall Electric Light Co., and from 1897 to 1899 he was assistant engineer in charge of a regular shift with the same company.
From 1899 to 1902 he was chief assistant with the Norwich Electricity Co., and in 1902 he was appointed chief engineer of the Canterbury Corporation Electricity Works, a position which he held until his sudden death after an operation.
His work and personality were greatly appreciated throughout his career. He was devoted to his work and will be missed by a wide circle of friends.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1902 and a Member in 1912.