Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 137,257 pages of information and 220,097 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Hamilton House, Victoria Embankment, London
The Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR) was a deep-level "tube" railway constructed in London by the Underground Electric Railways Company of London Limited (UERL), later the London Electric Railway Co (LER). Today, the core part of the line forms the Charing Cross branch of London Underground's Northern Line. 
1892 Planned as a line to connect Hampstead High Street with the southern end of Charing Cross Road, with a spur from Euston Road to serve the mainline stations of Kings Cross and St Pancras.
1893 Royal Assent was granted for the main route but withheld for the spur. At this time the only stations were to have been at Charing Cross, Oxford Street, Euston Road, Seymour Terrace, Chalk Farm, Belsize Park and Hampstead.
1893 Company was incorporated.
1894 - 1907 Further bills were passed by Parliament: to include changes and extend time (20 July 1894 and 3 June 1897); to extend the route to Charing Cross station itself in the south (25 July 1898); to realign the route to place Euston on the main line, and to create a branch from Camden Town to Kentish Town (9 August 1899); to provide further extension of time (1900) and to extend the two northern branches to Golders Green and Highgate (18 November 1902).
After the line was taken over by the UERL, the line opened on 22 June 1907 as The Hampstead Tube with the following stations:
Golder's Green branch
1908 The line was over 8 miles in length, and had been constructed by the Underground Electric Railways Company of London. 
1914 the CCE&HR was extended south from Charing Cross to Embankment.
During 1923 and 1924 the CCE&HR was extended north from Golders Green to Edgware.
1924 and 1926, physical connections were constructed between the CCE&HR and the City and South London Railway (C&SLR), another of the LER's lines. The links were made between Euston and Camden Town and between Embankment and Kennington, in conjunction with the C&SLR's extension to Morden. Once connected the lines were operationally merged and became known as the Morden – Edgware Line.
1933 Incorporated in the London Passenger Transport Board, along with other London Underground lines.