Cater and Walker
of The Grove Steam Boiler Works, Southwark, London.
- Steam engine boiler makers.
Continuation of the business of Henry Cater
1870 of Grove, Great Guildford Street, Borough, steam engine boiler makers
1872 Henry Cater was in partnership with John Walker
1878 March: Dissolution of the Copartnership between Henry Cater, John Walker, and Henry John Walker, under the firm of Cater, Walker, and Son, at The Grove, Southwark, Surrey, in the business of Boiler Manufacturers, in regards of Henry Cater.
1879 Cater, Walker and Sons of Southwark
1883 Cater, Walker and Son of Grove Works, Southwark, wrote a letter criticising the promotion of the old "Elephant" type of boiler
1884 dissolution of the Partnership between John Walker and John Henry Walker, both of the Grove, Southwark, in the county of Surrey, Boiler Makers, trading as Cater, Walker,and Son
1891 Removed from the register of joint stock companies
Sources of Information
- Report of boiler explosion at Ross's saw mill, Page's Walk, Bermondsey - South London Chronicle, 30 November 1872
- London Gazette 12 April 1878
- The Engineer 1883/05/11
- London Gazette 12 Aug 1884
- The London Gazette 8 December 1891