part of Plessey Co
During WWII, Plessey's small research and development activity was moved from Ilford to Caswell House, near Towcester.
1945 The farm was acquired by The Plessey Company from Major G. C. B. Bramwell.
1950 the number of research staff at Caswell reached 50, investigating new areas of business including ceramics, piezo-electric materials, ferrites, radar-absorbing materials, and tantalum capacitors.
1977 Post Office cutbacks hit Plessey’s business but threats to sell the semi-conductor businesses and microchip research centre at Caswell were reversed by the Board.
Specialised in solid-state research