Castell of Kentish Town, London
The company was a motorcycle producer between 1903 and 1904
First built in 1903, the machine had a 2.75hp engine, designed by W. E. Fernhead, and held in a cradle. Engines were by Minerva and Sarolea. Primitive in design, it had belt drive and braced forks. The following year there was a ladies' tricycle This had two front wheels and the engine mounted just behind their axle to drive the rear wheel via a long chain.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9