Carlton Motor Co (of Cricklewood)
of Cricklewood (1902)
of Long Acre, London (1903)
Maker of a range of engines for motorcycles and cars. Also well-known for the Carlton carburetter.
1902 April. Details of a combined carburetter and inlet valve.
1902 Dispute with Rowland Hill, engineer and brass founder, King Street, Coventry.
1903 July. Arthur Gower (trading as the Carlton Motor Company), 19, Elmgrove, Cricklewood, and 27, Endell-street, W.C.,.
1908 Company removed from register of joint stock companies
Sources of Information
- The Autocar 1902/04/19
- Coventry Evening Telegraph - Tuesday 04 November 1902
- Coventry Herald - Friday 07 November 1902
- Kilburn Times - Friday 17 July 1903
- The London Gazette 7 August 1908
- Motor Cycling and Motoring 1902/12/03