Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,052 pages of information and 231,597 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Carl Roderique Louis Menni Bonn (1858-1906)
1906 Obituary 
Mr. Carl Roderique Louis Menni Bonn, of the firm of Babtie and Bonn, civil engineers, Glasgow. . . . . forty-seven years of age . . . . [more]
1907 Obituary 
CARL RODERIQUE LOUIS MENNI BONN, son of the late Dr. L. M. Bonn, of Brighton and Taunton, was born in 1858 and received his education at Taunton College.
After serving a pupilage to Mr. J. H. Smith, Borough Engineer of Taunton, he obtained employment under Sir John Wolfe Barry, Past-President, and the late H. M. Brunel, and remained in their service 13 years, from 1877 to 1890, during which time he was engaged on the Lewes and East Grinstead Railway, Blackfriars bridge and St. Paul's station, the Metropolitan and Metropolitan District systems, Barry docks and railway, and many other works.
Between 1890 and 1897 he acted as Resident Engineer for Messrs. Formans and McCall on the West Highland Railway, the Lanarkshire and Dumbarton line, Bowling harbour improvements and other works, and was associated with that firm and with Sir John Wolfe Barry in the preparation of drawings and designs for the Glasgow Central Railway and in parliamentary studies for the Kilpatrick and Renfrew dock schemes.
In 1897 Mr. Bonn engaged in consulting practice in Glasgow in partnership with Mr. John Taylor Babtie, and the firm of Babtie and Bonn was responsible for many important engineering enterprises, including the structural work for the Glasgow Exhibition of 1901, and waterworks for Dumbarton, Helensburgh, Bowling, Kilpatrick and the Vale of Leven.
Mr. Bonn died very suddenly on the 19th October, 1906, whilst on a visit of inspection to waterworks under construction by his firm for the district of Old Kilpatrick.
He was elected an Associate Member of The Institution on the 5th February, 1884, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 16th November, 1896.