Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,439 pages of information and 233,876 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Sanctioned in 1864.
Incorporated as the Carnarvon (sic) and Llanberis Railway this 9 mile line ran from the coast to villages near the foot of Snowdon and opened in 1869 in joint ownership with the London and North Western Railway (L&NWR)
The line closed in 1930 and re-opened briefly in 1932 and then used for summer excursions.