C. De Bergue and Co
1850 Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1850 lists Charles De Bergue & Co., patent reed manufacturers of vulcanised rubber, and of buffers and bearing springs for railway and other carriages: Mary Street, Cheetham.
Adshead's 1851 Maps of Manchester Map No. 7 shows 'C. De Bergue Reed Manufactory' in central Manchester, bounded by Silver Street, Abingdon Street, David Street and by commercial premises extending to Major Street. De Bergue's works had a ground area of approx 40 ft by by 90 ft. Despite the date of the map, this location may have preceded the move to Cheetham, since Mary Street was the company's final address.
1851 Award at the 1851 Great Exhibition. See details at 1851 Great Exhibition: Reports of the Juries: Class VI.
See De Bergue and Co