Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 139,024 pages of information and 225,327 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Bruno Ehrhardt ( -1897)
1897 Obituary 
BRUNO EHRHARDT died at Bockwa, near Zwickau, Saxony, on October 16, 1897. Born on April 11, 1836, at Oberrossau, he received his technical education at the Chemnitz and Dresden Technical Schools, and at the Freiberg School of Mines.
On December 1, 1857, he received an appointment at the Konigin Marienhiitte at Cainsdorf, near Zwickau, at that time the only large ironworks in Saxony. At these works, to which he devoted his whole life, he rose from being foreman at the coke-ovens up all the steps of the ladder to the position of general director of the company.
At the end of 1888 he was obliged by ill health to resign his official duties. In recognition of his great services in developing the iron trade of Saxony, the King bestowed on him the Cross of the first class of the Albrecht Order, and subsequently conferred on him the title of Bergrath.
He was elected a member of the Iron and Steel Institute in 1880.