of Cleckheaton, Yorks.
1890 Advert: 'VALUABLE LEASEHOLD MILL PROPERTY, AT CLECKHEATON. ..... ALL those MILL PREMISES, known as the "Brookhouse Ironworks," situate at Brookhouses, adjoining Cleckheaton, aforesaid. comprising on the north side wire-drawing room, with chamber over part, wire-cleaning and tubing rooms and all our storey high, engine bouse and vertical engine , boiler house and circular boiler, the large jib crane, main shafting, going gear and steam piping therein, and the yard adjoining, now in the occupation of Messrs. Fearnley and Blamires, on the west side thereof, engineer's shop, with chamber over part; blacksmith's shop; iron foundry and yard adjoining, now in the occupation of Mr. George Blamires, and the south side thereof, adjoining Cliffe Lane, large workshop, containing two rooms (partly chambered), also large shed (part of which is now in the occupation of the said George Blamires, and the remainder is at present unoccupied) with the yard adjoining thereto.
The whole of the premises (including the sites of the buildings) contain an area of 4,150 square yards or thereabouts.
All the buildings (with exception of the Foundry) are well and substantially built of stone, are exceedingly well adapted for the trades carried on thereto, and for other branches of business, and are within ten minutes' walk the of the station of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway. The approaches to the premises are everything that can be desired, and there is a supply of good water running through the property. The premises are leasehold, ....'
Sources of Information
- Yorkshire Post and Leeds Intelligencer, 7 June 1890