of Chester Road, Aston, Birmingham 7.
of Duston, Northants.
1920 Company formed. 'Under the style and title of British Timken, Ltd., a new, all-British company has just been formed to take over the manufacture of the wellknown Timken roller bearings in this country, formerly carried on by the Electric and Ordnance Accessories Co., Ltd. The capital is fixed at and the head office and works are at Ward End, Birmingham, where a fully equipped modern factory is already in existence, manufacturing these bearings on extensive scale.'
1937 Makers of tapered roller, parallel roller and ball bearings. "Timken" Ball and Roller Bearings.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1940 Advert. Tapered roller bearings.
1941 Works built on a green-field site at Duston, Northants, to produce roller bearings. At its peak over 4,000 people were employed in the factory.
1945 Advert. Tapered roller bearings. Associated company is Fischer Bearings Co of Wolverhampton.
1951 Following the death of the long standing chairman, Michael Dewar, the Timken Roller Bearing Co of Canton, Ohio exercised its option to purchase his shares in the company, with the result that the American company owned 54 percent of the equity but did not intend to change the British company's management
1951 Principal subsidiary was Fischer Bearings Co Ltd.
1959 Sir Frederick John Pascoe became British Timken's chairman.
1959 British Timken Ltd was voluntarily liquidated for the purposes of reconstruction; all of the assets were transferred to the Timken Roller Bearing Co, which had acquired the remaining shares it did not already own. British Timken continued as an operating company.
1960 Advert for slicer-loader from their operation at Dunston, Northampton.
1960 Advert. Tapered roller bearings.
1968 Tapered roller bearings by Timken Bearing Company.
2002 Production ceased at Duston; the works were demolished over the next 4 years.
Sources of Information
- Illustrated London News - Saturday 07 August 1920
- The Times Jul 05, 1951
- The Times, Jun 19, 1935
- * 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- Report by Northampton Industrial Archaeology Group 
- The Times Jul 05, 1951
- Sir Frederick John Pascoe 
- The London Gazette 16 October 1959
- The Times, Apr 15, 1959
- The Times Nov 16, 1959
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p202
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p240
- Mining Year Book 1960. Published by Walter E. Skinner. Advert p818
- The Engineer of 5th January 1968 p42
- Mechanical World Year Book 1960. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p240