Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 136 Glebe Street, Glasgow, Scotland. (1922)
of 136 Glebe Street, St. Rollox, Glasgow, Scotland Telephone: Bell 2647-48 (Glasgow). Cables: "Stafsware, Glasgow". (1929)
1856 R. Cochran set up in Glasgow.
1869 His son, Alexander, took over on his father's death.
1896 J. Arnold Fleming joined him as a partner and the company was known as Cochran and Fleming. The 'Britannia mark had been used from Robert Cochran's early days.
1920 The firm became known as Britannia Pottery.
1922 Listed Exhibitor. Manufacturers of Advertising; Art Pottery; Earthenware; Fancies; Hospital, Hotel and Restaurant, Druggist and Photographic, Mounting Ware; Tea Pots and Jugs, Toilet Sets. (Stand No. G.36) 
1929 Listed Exhibitor. Manufacturers of all kinds of Domestic Earthenware, including Dinnerware, Teaware, Fancies and Hotelware (with unchippable surface). (Stand N0. E.13) 
1935 Trading ceased.
The company did not make china. All the wares were white earthenware with either a transfer or hand painted design.