Britannia Lathe and Oil Engine Co
1912 Britannia Engineering Co's Britannia Works closed
WWI: It reopened in 1914 to manufacture munitions and war supplies
1918 Still owned by the Nicholsons, the business was operating again, as the Britannia Lathe and Oil Engine Co Ltd. It reverted to the production of metal-turning lathes for which it became world famous.
Late 1930s: Britannia's business again declined.
1938 The company closed
1941 The Ministry of Supply leased the Britannia Works to provide Davey, Paxman and Co with space to build its TP diesel engines.