Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,122 pages of information and 233,665 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Cardigan (Ceredigion).
Established by 1844 by David Davies.
By 1854 it had been leased by William & Timothy Thomas, formerly of Mwldan Foundry. They were still operating the foundry in 1868. In 1869 Timothy Thomas displayed two new patented portable grinding mills at Cardigan Agricultural Show. Scott Freeland Kelly (d.1894 aged 42) took over the Foundry in 1870. In 1890 the foundry passed to William E. Matthews. From 1901-36 the ‘Bridge End Foundry & Engineering Company’ was being run by W. E. Matthews. The derelict Foundry was demolished in 1979.