Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,384 pages of information and 211,458 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Iron bridge erected in 1810 over the River Lea at Bow Creek to a design by James Walker and Alfred Burges for the Commercial Road Turnpike Trust. The bridge was damaged by a barge in 1887 and had to be shored up. It was demolished in 1896.
1825 illustration here.
The crossing was 152 ft wide between the abutment faces, spanned by three circular cast iron arches and two triangular CI arches.
The design was described in 'The Engineer' in 1873