Bori Bunder Railway Station
Bori Bunder (formerly Boree Bunder) railway station was built by the Great Indian Peninsula Railway and takes it's name from the nearby locality
1853 April 16th. The Great Indian Peninsula Railway operated the first passenger train in India from Boree Bunder to Tannah (now Thane) with 14 bogies and 400 passengers. The train which had three named passenger cars, viz., Sindh, Sultan and Sahib took off with three locos embarked on an hour-and-fifteen-minute journey to Tannah (now Thane). The journey covered a distance of 24 miles (39 km), formally heralding the birth of the Indian Railways.
The station was eventually rebuilt as the Victoria Terminus, named after the then reigning Queen Victoria, and has been subsequently renamed Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CSTM) after Maharashtra's and India's famed 17th-century king.