Bloom Street Power Station
The Bloom Street Station provided the bulk of the traction supply for the central area of Manchester, plus lighting and power demand. It was equipped with plant supplied by Musgrave, British Westinghouse and Babcock and Wilcox.
1901 Manchester Corporation's Bloom Street station opened with four 1,800 kW Musgrave vertical engines driving Westinghouse generators
Sources of Information
- Manchester History 
- Power Stations in Greater Manchester