Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,981 pages of information and 229,141 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1896 The company was incorporated.
1898 The line, a little over 7 miles in length, was opened in July between Gynn Square and Fleetwood Ferry. It was worked by electricity; the company also leased 7.5 furlongs of line. 
The new line was a rival line to Blackpool Corporation's tramway set up some years earlier
1920 the Fleetwood line was taken over by Blackpool Corporation, the two lines were connected and for the first time, through running was introduced between South Shore and Fleetwood.