Blackburn Meadows Power Station
1921 Power station built by the Sheffield Corporation, to support the steel industry in the Lower Don Valley. The station originally comprised three 6 MW and one 10 MW steam turbines.
1923 The station had capacity of 28 MW.
1930 The station was expanded - hyperboloid cooling towers 6 and 7 were constructed between 1937 and 1938, designed by L. G. Mouchel and Partners, replacing earlier square cooling towers.
1948 The station was nationalised
The station consisted of two 50 MW Metropolitan-Vickers and two 30 MW English Electric turbo-alternators.
1980 The station had a generating capacity of 72 MW when it was closed on 27 October 1980.
2014 A biomass power plant of 30 MW capacity was opened on the site by EOn