Black and Decker
From Graces Guide
of Slough, Bucks. Telephone: Slough 504. Telegraphic Address: "Blackdeck, Slough". (1937)
1910 Black and Decker Corporation was founded by S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker as a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
1917 Black and Decker invented the familiar portable electric drill, obtaining a patent for a hand-held drill combining a pistol grip and trigger switch.
1925 Black and Decker Ltd was established in London.
1928 Acquired Van Dorn Electric Tools
1930 AA Image on this page. 
1937 Portable electric tool and engine reconditioning set manufacturers. 
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Portable Electric Drills, Sanders, Grinders, Screwdrivers, Nut Runners, Tappers, Saws, Bench Grinders, Valve Refacers, and the Vibro Centric method of reconditioning engine seats. Range of Highcycle Super Power Production Tools. (Stand No. Cb.923) 
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1946 After learning that workers in factories were taking drills home for personal use, Black and Decker began the “do-it-yourself” revolution with the Home Utility line of drills and accessories. In addition, a subsidiary was established in São Paulo, Brazil, responsible for sales and manufacturing of company products.
1951 S. Duncan Black, co-founder and president since 1910, died, and Alonzo G. Decker Sr. became president.
1951 Advert for Handy Utility Electric Tools.
1952 Advert on this page for 5" Sander-Polisher Kit. 
1960 Alonzo G. Decker, Jr., succeeded Robert D. Black as president. Mr. Black continued as chairman of the board and chief executive officer. Black and Decker acquired DeWalt, Inc. of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
1961 Manufacturers of portable electric tools. 
1967-1968 The United Kingdom company was awarded the Queen's Award to Industry for outstanding achievement in increasing exports.
1984 As part of a major reorganization plan, several sites were closed including plants in Maidenhead, Berkshire; and Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England; Kildare, Republic of Ireland.
1984 The company modernized its familiar logo, which had previously been the image of an orange six-sided nut containing the initials "B and D" .
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia
-  Image courtesy of Aviation Ancestry
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- 1937 British Industries Fair p335
-  History World
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE