Birmingham Sound Reproducers
of Claremont Street, Old Hill, Staffs. Telephone: Cradley Heath 6212-3. Cables: "Electronic, Old Hill". London and Export Office: 115 Gower Street, WC1. Telephone: Euston 7515. (1947)
1932 Private company established by Dr D M McDonald to make electronic equipment and manufacture record changer mechanisms.
1947 Manufacturers of High Quality Sound Reproducing apparatus, Inter-office Communication Sets, Sound Recording Instruments, Low Frequency Oscillators, Laboratory Test Equipment, Factory Staff Location. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. C.1517) 
1957 Became public company.
1961 Manufacturers of automatic record changers, gramophone pick-ups and tape decks. 2,600 employees. 
1970 Dr McDonald sold a large amount of his shares to the public; name of the company was BSR Ltd
The company moved to Hong Kong
1989 In return for acquiring 5 business from Emerson Electric of USA, Emerson took a 45 percent stake in the company; the business was re-focussed on making power supplies for electronic equipment; the name was changed to Astec (BSR)