Bertram Annendale Giuseppi
Bertram Annendale Giuseppi (1872-1902)
1903 Obituary 
BERTRAM ANNANDALE GIUSEPPI was born on January 27th, 1872, and educated at Kensington Grammar School and King's College.
He joined the Electrical Standardising Testing and Training Institution, at Faraday House, in 1890, to gain a technical training in electrical engineering, for which he had in early life exhibited a marked ability.
Mr. Giuseppi then joined the staff of the South Lancashire Electric Traction and Power Company, Limited, as second engineer, and held this post at the time of his decease.
His health had been bad for a number of years, and on June 23rd, 1902, he left his rooms in the morning to proceed to business, but not feeling well on the way, returned home, and died immediately.
Mr. Giuseppi joined the staff of the British Insulated Wire Company in its earliest days, and took a prominent part in the organisation of the factory, in the experiments for the determination of the properties of paper-insulated cables, and in the laying down and early working of the Prescot and District Electric Supply Works, one of the earliest provincial stations to be established for the sale of electric energy. He subsequently carried out many important works for the British Insulated Wire Company, among them being the laying of high-pressure cables in Malta and Buenos Ayres, being engaged in the latter place for nearly two years. Mr. Giuseppi played a prominent and most successful part in the difficult negotiations with the many local authorities through whose districts the lines of the South Lancashire Tramways run.
It was, however, as an engineer that his abilities were particularly marked, and although he was still a young man at the time of his death, the Industry has undoubtedly lost a member of considerable experience and exceptional technical knowledge.
He was elected a Student on the 19th of February, 1891, transferred to the class of Associates on the 27th of January, 1893, and again to the class of Associate Members on the 8th of March, 1900.