1865/6 HMS Bellerophon, an ironclad battleship, was launched. Designed by Sir E. J. Reed.
1904 The Bellerophon and Temeraire were fitted up under the superintendence of Engineer-Capt. Haddy, R.N., as instruction ships and workshops. The work was undertaken by Palmers' Shipbuilding and Iron Company, Limited, Jarrow-on-Tyne.
1904 Bellerophon was rebuilt as a training ship and renamed Indus III, before finally being sold in 1922.
1907 The next HMS Bellerophon was a Bellerophon-class battleship launched in 1907
1921 She was sold for breaking up in 1921.
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1904/04/22