Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,118 pages of information and 210,773 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Wolverhampton and King William Street, London. 
1826 Company founded.
1876 Exhibitor at the Royal Agricultural Show at Birmingham with cast iron vases, hurdles and continuous fencing. One of the largest exhibitors at the show. 
1901 Became public company. The company was registered on 12 June, to acquire a business of ironmasters and engineers of the firm of the same name. Directors are: William Bayliss (Chairman), Edwin Jones, Samuel Bayliss, William Edwin Jones, Robert Murray Hyslop and Horace William Bayliss. Employing 1,800-2,000 people.  
1925 Became private company.
1928. By this date they are owned by Guest Keen and Nettlefold. Reference is made to the late William Bayliss, his brother Samuel Bayliss and his two sons Percy S. Bayliss and Frederick W. Bayliss. 
1961 Engineers and manufacturers of railway fasteners, transmission line steelwork, rock bolts, mining roof support, fencing and gates and components for motor industry and railway electrification steelworks. 1,522 employees.