Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 130,401 pages of information and 207,072 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
A 7.5 mile line giving direct access from Hull to Immingham via New Holland opened in 1910/11. At Immingham it connected with the Humber Commercial Railway and Dock who took over the line in 1912.
Only a single track section between a junction with the Humber Commercial Railway (HCR) at Immingham West Junction and the New Holland line at Goxhill was built. In addition to Immingham, there were two stations or rather halts on the line, Killingholme and East Halton. Later in the 1920's, a halt opened at Killingholme Admiralty Platform between Killingholme and East Halton.
The passenger service opened in 1911 with some seven trains each way on weekdays and with an extra on Saturdays. There was no Sunday service.
Up to closure in 1963 a fairly reasonable service of five round trips ran between Immingham Dock and New Holland Pier, an extra trip was operated on Saturdays. Diesel railcars provided the services which were not heavily used and became a victim of rationalisation in June 1963 when the service was withdrawn. The line fell into disuse although for many years, part of it was used for storing redundant wagons. The Immingham to Killingholme section was still used for oil traffic.