Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,143 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Barfords of Belton of Belton, Grantham.
1960 BARFORDS of Belton was constituted as an independent Company in 1946 to handle the Barford ranges of Steam Cooking equipment for farm stock food, dairy farm sterilizers, boilers, bottle washing and filling machines, a drainage trench cutter, and the “Atom” multi-purpose horticultural tractor. At the end of 1953 the present premises at Belton, near Grantham, were occupied. Since then, whilst maintaining the existing range of products, many new agricultural lines have been developed, such as a power scythe, a rotary grass cutter known as the ‘Rotomo’, the ‘Lined’ and ‘Barford’ ditch and dyke cleaners, a forage harvester and a bale loader. At the same time, a complete new Building Plant division has been created to manufacture concrete mixers and small capacity dumpers. This arose from inter-Group reorganization and led to substantial additions to factory floor space two years ago.