November 1961. Front cover.
November 1961. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial - Road-wheel Hub Lubrication...405
- Borg-Warner Model 35 Transmission Part II: Description and functioning of the governor, valves and other components of the hydraulic control system...406
- Engine Temperatures and Pressures - Influence of operating variables on peak conditions in the Otto cycle - S. E. Bonamy...412
- Hobourn-Eaton Roller Type Pump - Details of an unusual and efficient hydraulic unit, intended for power-assisted steering and other applications - Hobourn-Eaton Manufacturing Co...415
- Books - Brief comments on recent publications pertinent to automobile engineering...425
- Dynamics of Tracklayers - Results of field experiments and their correlation with a theoretical analysis - L. F. Little...427
- Honing Cylinder Barrels - Special twin-spindle, semi-automatic machine developed by Delapena & Son Ltd, for Italian manufacturer of air-cooled and water-cooled diesel engines 432
- Up-stroking Hydraulic Press - A new, versatile Sack and Kiesselbach model for coining, deep-drawing, and extrusion - Rockwell machine Tool Co...434
- Surface Finishing of Metal Bodywork - Abrasive materials and tools used in current practice to reduce manual operations and lessen production time - Fisher and Ludlow and W. R. Boyell...435
- Standardized / Assembly Machinery - Basic units in the Gilman Transferline and Indexomatic range can be built up to form assembly machines for a variety of products - Kearney and Trecker-C. V. A....438
- Heat-treated Side Frames - Die-quenching machine makes possible high-rate production of commercial vehicle chassis side members free from distortion - A. O. Smith Corp., Milwaukee...442
- Current Patents - Selected abstracts of recently issued specifications...445
Sources of Information