Austin Electric Co
From Graces Guide
1925 The electrical products were hived off by Austin into the Austin Electric Co
1925 February 19th. Company formed by Austin, BTH, Callenders Cable and Construction Co, Mirrlees, Bickerton and Day and R. B. Matthews. The Managing Director was C. B. Walker. The company was to continue the successful business of building home lighting sets powered by Austin engines and based on the patents of Walker Horrocks and Co that they had purchased in 1915.
1925 BTH and other companies and individuals became largely interested in the Austin Lighting Co, formed to take an active role in rural electrification. Licence to manufacture a carburettor by H. Austin and Mr J.C. Haecfeli to Austin Lighting Co. Ltd.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 29 May 1925
- National Archives