Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,101 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Built as a double deck swing bridge across the river Avon for road and rail traffic.
Steelwork by John Lysaght. Opened on 3rd October 1906.
Post-war, the upper (road) deck was removed along with the machinery and control tower, and the bridge remained as a fixed rail bridge
Latterly used only by pedestrians, but now (2017) refurbished for use by special buses.