Arnside River Kent Viaduct
An impressive fifty-one span viaduct over the river Kent in Cumbria. Originally built as an iron trestle viaduct, but has since been completely rebuilt.
The viaduct was widened to take double tracks in 1863.
In two phases, 1885-7 and 1915, the viaduct was completely rebuilt with riveted plate girders, and the cast iron pier columns were encased in concrete and masonry.
For more information on the history and construction, see Civil Engineering Heritage: Northern England
In 2010-2011 it was partly rebuilt, the girders being replaced by prefabricated welded girders carrying continuously welded rail.. The contractors were May Gurney and the box section girders were fabricated by Mabey Bridge. 
The Leven Viaduct, near Ulverston, 8 miles to the west, is similar. W. and J. Galloway and Sons of Manchester were the contractors. The cast iron piles were sunk using using a novel piling system involving waterjets.